1. Implement CELAC´s Plan for Food Security, Nutrition and Hunger Eradication 2025, developed by FAO, ECLAC and ALADI following up on the mandate, which emanated from the CELAC Action Plan 2014.
2. Hold during the II Semester of 2015, in the Republic of the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela, the II CELAC Meeting of Ministers and High Authorities of Social Development for the Eradication of Hunger and Poverty, in order to evaluate the advances achieved, approve the Strategic Agenda of Regional Coordination and follow-up the decisions of the Ministers.
1. Adopt and implement the Functioning Framework for the Ad Hoc Working Group on Family Farming, as well as to enforce its Action Plan 2015, both adopted during CELAC Ministerial Declaration on Family Farming, held on November 10th and 11th, 2014 in Brasilia.
2. Hold the III Meeting of the Working Group on Family Farming, during the I Semester of 2015, with the objective to evaluate the advances of the works delineated in the Plan of Action of the Ad Hoc Working Group on Family Farming, and the II Ministerial Meeting on Family Farming during the II Semester, in Costa Rica, with the objective of determining cooperation actions in this sphere, from the agro-technical as well as productive points of view, and define the sources of available financing.
3. Promote dialogue, exchange of experiences and cooperation with successful initiatives at the sub-regional level in the field of family farming, such as the MERCOSUR Special Meeting on Family Farming of MERCOSUR (REAF); and contribute to the implementation of the Plan for Food Security, Nutrition and Hunger Eradication 2025.
4. Reiterate the FAO to carry out as soon as possible the necessary actions to conceptualize and define the concept food sovereignty.
1. Hold the I Meeting of CELAC Working Group on Education, in 2015 in San Jose, Costa Rica, in order to generate a Plan of Action to execute the Roadmap defined by the Ministers and Heads of delegations that participated in the I CELAC Meeting of Ministers of Education, held in Havana, Cuba on February 7th , 2013, with the objective of adopting required measures to advance in the eradication of illiteracy in CELAC countries and to promote the joint action with the Plans of Action of sub-regional and international mechanisms in CELAC, as well as educational cooperation at all levels.
CULTURE AND DIALOGUE AMONG CULTURES
1. Convene the III Ministerial Meeting on Culture in the Republic of Cuba from September 17th to 19th , 2015, with the objective of advancing in the consolidation of cultural cooperation, in promoting regional policies, followingup the decisions adopted during the II CELAC Ministerial Meeting on Culture, held on August the 21st, 2014.
2. Follow up on the virtual work initiated by the Working Group on Culture, coordinated by Costa Rica, in its capacity as PTP that will be used as the basis to elaborate a proposal of vision, mission and procedures for the CELAC Ministerial Meetings on Culture. Celebrate in this way, the I Meeting of the Working Group on Culture during the I Semester of 2015, prior to the III Ministerial Meeting on Culture.
3. Continue the promotion the development of the Portal of Culture of Latin America and the Caribbean, with the support of UNESCO.
1. Endorse the creation of the sectorial area of Labor in CELAC; following up the proposal presented during the Meeting of Ministers of Labor of the Community held in Lima, Peru on October 14th, 2014, at the sidelines of the XVIII Meeting of the American Region of the International Labor Organization (ILO).
2. In this context, held the I Meeting of the CELAC Working Group on Labor during the first semester of 2015 to prepare the CELAC Action Plan in this matter in a country to be defined.
3. Reiterate the need to prepare a study on the existent mechanisms in order to strengthen the labor and certification competence, particularly in the segment of youth population, as well as the improvement on the supply and quality of technical and professional education, according to the productive requirement of each country and sub-region, according to the national strategies of productive and industrial development.
1. Execute the decisions and mandates delineated in the Minute of commitments of the III Meeting on Migration, held on October 22nd and 23rd, 2014 in Azogues, Ecuador, as well as previous agreements on this issue.
2. Strengthen the internal normative, the regional frameworks of protection and cooperation, as well as accomplish the international obligations assumed by the States in relation to migratory issues, in order to guarantee the human rights and fundamental liberties of all migrants, regardless of their migratory status, with special emphasis on children and youth, accompanied, unaccompanied or separated.
3. Hold the IV CELAC Meeting on Migrations in the II Semester of 2015, in Guatemala.
4. Continue CELAC coordination in relation to the CELAC-EU Structured and Comprehensive Dialogue on Migration, in which the positive link between migration, development and human rights will be strengthened.
WORLD DRUG PROBLEM
1. Follow up on the commitments acquired in the I Ministerial Meeting on the World Drug Problem, held in Antigua, Guatemala on May 13th – 14th, 2014 in order to confront, with an integral and balanced approach, the challenges that the world drug problem represents for the region.
2. Coordinate common positions within CELAC in international fora, specially looking forward to the Special Session in the United Nations General Assembly on the World Drug Problem (UNGASS 2016).
3. Reiterate the request included in CELAC´s Plan of Action 2014 to the representatives of the Regional, Sub-regional and International Organisms and Mechanisms that deal with this issue, to continue contributing with information in order to develop a strategic agenda on this topic that allows to generate synergies and complementarity and that avoids duplicity of human and financial efforts.
4. Continue the works within the framework of the CELAC – EU Cooperation and Coordination Mechanism on Drugs.
5. Hold the II Ministerial Meeting on the World Drug Problem during the I Semester 2015.
1. Support holding the I CELAC Senior Officials Meeting with the representatives of Regional, Sub-regional and International Mechanisms and Organisms, to be hosted by the Republic of Chile in 2015.
PREVENTION AND FIGHT AGAINST CORRUPTION
1. Follow up the decisions and recommendations reached during the II Specialized Ministerial and High Authorities Meeting on Prevention and Fight against Corruption, held in Quito, Ecuador on December 8th and 9th, 2014. Instruct the Working Group to implement the mandates of the Quito Declaration and present progress reports in 2015.
1. Exchange opinions, good practices and national experiences looking forward to put into action the Havana Action Plan regarding Citizen Participation in the CELAC.
PROMOTION OF EQUITY, EQUALITY AND EMPOWERMENT OF WOMEN
1. Follow up the decisions of the I Meeting of the Working Group on the Advancement of Women, held on August 21st and 22nd, 2014 in San Salvador, El Salvador.
2. Hold the II Meeting of the Working Group on the Advancement of Women during the II Semester of 2015, with the objective of evaluating the execution of the minute of commitments, agreed on in the I Meeting of the Working Group.
COMBAT OF ILLICIT TRAFFICKING OF SMALL AND LIGHT WEAPONS IN ALL ITS ASPECTS
1. Follow up the agreements of the I Meeting of the Working Group on Illicit Trafficking of Small and Light Weapons, held on September 11th and 12th, 2014 in San Salvador, El Salvador.
2. Develop a study that showcases the situation concerning the capacities of each State in relation to the prevention, the combat and the elimination of illicit trafficking of small and light weapons, ammunitions that might be used as basis for future actions related with the creation of a Cooperation Mechanism in this topic, for which a matrix that facilitates the recollection of information, on a voluntary basis, will be developed.
3. Hold, virtually or otherwise, the II Meeting of the Working Group on the Illicit Trafficking of Small and Light Weapons in all its aspects in the II Semester of 2015, in a country to be determined.
PEOPLE OF AFRICAN DESCENT
1. Implement the CELAC´s Special Communiqué adopted by the CELAC Meeting of Foreign Ministers, in New York on September 27th, 2013, that proclaimed the Latin American and Caribbean Decade of People of African Descent, starting on January 1st, 2014.
2. Implement the Latin American and Caribbean People of African Descent Action Plan, resulting from the I CELAC Working Group Meeting on People of African Descent, held in Brasilia, on September 4th and 5th, 2014.
3. Instruct the CELAC Working Group on People of African Descent to follow up, make recommendations and facilitate cooperation among CELAC Members to implement the Action Plan for the Decade of Latin American and Caribbean People of African Descent.
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY AND INNOVATION
1. Follow up the decisions of the II Meeting of High Authorities on Science and Technology, held on April 1st and 2nd, 2014 in San Jose, which are delineated in the Declaration of San Jose and the report of this meeting.
2. Support the works of the Working Group on Human Talent, coordinated by Costa Rica, and of the Working Group on Knowledge Management, coordinated by Brazil, both formed during the II Meeting of High Authorities on Science and Technology celebrated in San Jose.
3. Hold the III Meeting of High Authorities on Science and Technology during the I Semester of 2015 in order to follow up the works of the Working Groups on Human Talent and Knowledge Management.
4. Progress in the identification and implementation of mechanisms for cooperation in the field of cyber security that allows facing cyber threats, particularly those that affect the security of States, organizations and individuals, as well as promote cooperation on the improvement of the use of ICTs for education, science, technology and innovation and agriculture, among other sectors, geared at encouraging the development of the countries in Latin America and the Caribbean.
PRODUCTIVE AND INDUSTRIAL DEVELOPMENT
1. Follow up the Plan of Action approved by the I Meeting of Ministers of Economy and Industry, held on April 10th and 11th, 2014 in San Jose.
2. Support initiative mechanisms and organizations in the field of productive and industrial development.
3. Hold the II Meeting of Ministers of Economy and Industry during the I Semester of 2015, in Ecuador.
LATIN AMERICAN AND CARIBBEAN PREFERENTIAL TARIFF
1. Promote the articulation of ECLAC, ALADI and the General Secretariats of the Sub Regional Integration Mechanisms for preparing a statistical study based on preferential commerce intra CELAC, in order to elaborate a proposal that contributes to the regional integration process in Latin America and the Caribbean.
2. Request CAN, ALBA-TCP and CARICOM to submit to ALADI the information required to conclude the expansion and update of the document “Agreements between the Member Countries of CELAC”.
3. Celebrate the III Meeting of the Working Group on a Latin American and Caribbean Preferential Tariff (PALC) in the course of 2015, in a country to be defined.
1. Follow up the agreements adopted during the I Meeting of the Working Group on Infrastructure for the Physical Integration of Transport, Telecommunications and Border Integration, held in Montevideo, Uruguay, on December 5th and 6th , 2014, and to advance in the definition of the roadmap guiding the activities of the Working Group.
2. Hold the II Ministerial Meeting on Infrastructure for the Physical Integration of Transport, Telecommunications and Border Integration during the II Semester 2015, in a country to be determined.
1. Retake the agenda of the Finance Working Group following the guidelines of the Quito Declaration adopted during the II Meeting of Ministers of Finance, held on November 2013, in which the PTP was instructed, along with the Expanded Troika, to carry out a Working Plan project to put into consideration of the Member States. The Working Group will take into consideration the Finance area of the CELAC Action Plan 2014 and the progress achieved by subregional mechanisms of integration in the area of finance. The Working Group will meet during 2015 to implement its mandates.
1. Hold the II Meeting of the Working Group on Environment during the I Semester of 2015, in a country to be determined, in order to follow up the works of the I Meeting of the Working Group on Environment, held in Quito on April 2013.
2. Hold a Meeting of Ministers of Foreign Affairs, Ministers of Environment and other high level national authorities that deal with climate change issues, in order to identify and validate a possible common position towards the 21st Conference of the Parties of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (COP21), to be held in December, 2015 in Paris, France.
1. Follow-up the identified activities by the Working Group according to the Montego Bay Plan of Action of October, 2013 and to the Declaration of Montego Bay on Energy Security and Regional Integration, documents that were adopted during the II Meeting of CELAC Ministers of Energy, held in Montego Bay, Jamaica on October 24th and 25th, 2013.
2. Hold the II Meeting of the Working Group on Energy during the I Semester of 2015, in a country to be determined, to elaborate a proposal for energy strategy in CELAC, with the support of OLADE, aiming at its approval during the IV Ministerial Meeting of Energy, in the sidelines of the XLV OLADE Meeting.
3. Follow up the decisions reached and embodied in the Declaration of the III Ministerial Meeting on Energy, held on November 7th, 2014 in San Salvador, El Salvador in the sidelines of the XLIV OLADE Meeting.
INTERNATIONAL HUMANITARIAN ASSISTANCE IN CASES OF DISASTER
1. Hold the I Meeting of the Working Group of High Authorities on Integrated Disaster Risk Management during the I Semester of 2015, in the sidelines of the VII MIAH Meeting, in order to develop a Regional Plan of Action on this matter that includes proposals on disaster risk reduction and humanitarian assistance for the elaboration of a Strategic Regional Agenda for the Integrated Disaster Risk Management. The Plan and the Agenda must take into account and act in a complementary and articulated manner with the efforts of regional and subregional mechanisms on cooperation and coordination in this field.
2. Actively participate in the regional consultations to be held in Guatemala on May, from the 5th to 7th, 2015, a preparatory session for the World Humanitarian Summit to the held in Turkey, 2016, and whenever possible articulate CELAC proposals to be considered in the elaboration of a new strategic agenda resulting from the Summit.
3. Deepen the collaboration and coordination with the process of International Humanitarian Assistance Mechanisms (MIAH).
4. Reiterate the request to FAO and the World Food Programme (WFP) so that they can provide technical support in order to design and implement regional initiatives oriented to the prevention, reduction and disaster risk management.
1. Convene in the first trimester of 2015, a meeting of the competent planning authorities of CELAC Member States, with the objective of exchanging experiences, strengthening dialogue, and elaborating a CELAC planning agenda to be considered by the Meeting of Ministers of Foreign Affairs.
1. Instruct the Pro Tempore Presidency to communicate to the Working Group on International Cooperation all agreements in the field of cooperation resulting from CELAC sectorial meetings and the CELAC meetings of integration mechanisms, as well as to articulate the means to secure the participation of the International Cooperation Group in the meetings of Regional and Subregional Mechanisms and Organisms of Integration so as to facilitate the fulfillment of its mandate, as defined by the I CELAC Summit in Santiago de Chile.
2. Mandate to the Working Group on International Cooperation to systematize the capacities and strengths of each Member State and elaborate the mapping of areas, where South-South cooperation can be identified.
3. Instruct to the Working Group on International Cooperation to work articulately with other intra-regional Mechanisms to strengthen and widen the strategies to relate with intra and extra-regional blocks, so that no efforts are duplicated in the development of actions and projects of regional cooperation.
4. Advance in the identification and implementation of new alliances and cooperation projects, according to the priorities submitted by the Haitian government, using as a base the cooperation report from Haiti 2010-2014, presented by Costa Rica´s PTP.
5. Hold the III Meeting of the Working Group on International Cooperation in the I Semester of 2015, in a country to be determined.
REGIONAL AND SUB-REGIONAL MECHANISM AND INTEGRATION ORGANIZATIONS
1. Follow up the Matrix of Proposals of Actions, developed during the III Meeting of Regional and Sub-regional Mechanisms and Organisms of Integration, held on December 2013 in San Jose, in order to continue promoting their complementarity and convergence of actions.
2. Hold, during the I Semester of 2015, the IV Meeting of Regional and Subregional Mechanisms and Organisms of Integration with the participation of the States, to assess the advancement of the actions identified during its III Meeting held in San Jose, and to analyze the best method to fulfill the mandate of complementarity and convergence of actions among the Mechanisms and Organisms.
3. Promote the active participation of the Regional and Sub-regional Mechanisms of Integration in CELAC´s thematic agenda, so they can contribute with technical input, research, expertise to the works of the sectorial areas of the Community´s work.
POST 2015 DEVELOPMENT AGENDA
1. Participate in the negotiation process of the Post 2015 Development Agenda and work to identify regional priorities.
2. Develop and strengthen cooperation actions in the different offices and multilateral fora in which the topic of the Post 2015 Development Agenda is considered over the basis of regional priorities.
1. Hold meetings of UN Permanent Missions in New York of CELAC Member States to continue strengthening gradually coordination on major issues on the agenda of the Organization where there is consensus, in accordance with the mandates and results of the Summits and Ministerial Meetings, with special emphasis on the Post 2015 Development Agenda.
2. Intensify consultation between the CELAC Member States at the United Nations and other multilateral fora to continue expressing us as a region when appropriate, on issues of interest and relevance to the Member States of the Community and submit, whenever possible, joint and agreed initiatives.
3. Deliver by way of the PTP of CELAC, Declarations, Action Plans, Special Declarations, Special Comuniqués and other statements of the Community as official documents of the United Nations, under the corresponding agendas.
RELATIONS WITH EXTRA-REGIONAL PARTNERS
1. Carry out the agreements reached at the I Meeting of Ministers of Foreign Affairs of the CELAC – China Forum, held in Beijing on January 8th and 9th, 2015, for the consolidation of the Forum, taking into account the identified areas of interest for the region.
2. Advance CELAC political dialogues with India, Russia and ASEAN, as agreed at the respective meetings of the Quartet of CELAC Ministers of Foreign Affairs with these partners, celebrated in the sidelines of the 69th United Nations General Assembly in September 2014. Explore the possibility to create other extra-regional fora during 2015, in particular CELAC – Russia and CELAC – India.
3. Continue the discussion on the Guidelines for CELAC Relations with Extraregional Partners, based on the proposal presented by the Costa Rica PPT during the X Meeting of CELAC National Coordinators, held in San José, on November, 25th and 26th, 2014, and the considerations submitted by the member States with the objective to organize the future work with extraregional partners.
Belén, Costa Rica, 29 de enero